Defining Object Class Label Recommendations
Recommendations - Predefined
- Predefined labels are best used for single objects that are not part of a comprehensive set
- It is possible to have a label for each object. This would make for a very ungainly menu.
- A labeling system allows a coder/author to make their works much more user friendly.
- To keep the numbers more manageable, the classes are as generic as possible.
- While being generic, assigning objects to a label should be intuitive.
- Assuming that there will be special circumstances where a coder/author needs to deviate from the norm, the Recommendation is not mandatory.
|STRU||Structures||Multitile engineered objects that don't quite fit in as industries, houses or stations - dams etc.|
|INFR||Infrastructure||light poles, communication towers, transmission towers, road signs, etc.|
|BLDG||Buildings||Normally accommodated by industries, houses or stations but the author feels there are limiting circumstances.|
|NATR||Natural objects||caves, coral reefs, swamps, etc.|
|PARK||Public areas||Normally accommodated by towns or industries (tourist stuff ...) but the author feels there are limiting circumstances - Parks, statues, etc.|
|ARTF||Artifacts||They really don't fit under any of the above - shipwrecks, etc.|
|MISC||Miscellaneous||For the author who is unable to accommodate his/her object under any of the previous labels.|
Recommendations - Author defined
- Author defined labels are best used for comprehensive object sets that consist of several obviously related objects.
- Each label must consist of four (4) alphanumeric characters.
- To prevent menu confusion, new labels should be unique and should not duplicate predefined labels (see chart above) nor previously selected author defined labels (see chart below).
- The author should add their label(s) to the following chart in alphanumeric order.
- If an author is uncomfortable with adding a label to the chart, they can PM their request to wallyweb.
- The chart will be regularly reviewed for duplications.
- The chart will be regularly edited for alphanumeric sequence.
|AUTHOR DEFINED RECOMMENDATIONS|
|Label||Action4 Text||Description||Author||TT-Forums link|
|EXM1||Example 1||An example label listing||your name here||Forum link goes here|
|HOUS||TARS Landscape: Village Houses||Houses as Objects||Yoshi||http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=61442|
|HTLG||TARS Mountain Lifts: Gondola||Gondolas||Yoshi|
|HTLC||TARS Mountain Lifts: Chairlift||Chairlifts||Yoshi|
|HTPT||TARS Pistes: Trail Blazer||Pistes Ski Slopes||wallyweb||http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=56588|
|HTML||TARS Mountain: Lodges||Lodges for the slopes||wallyweb||http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=56588|
|NLRA||Dutch Road Furniture: Matrix Activators||Activators for matrix signs for Dutch Road Furniture||FooBar||http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=56316|
|NLRF||Dutch Road Furniture||For Dutch road related objects (generic label)||FooBar||http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=56316|
|NLRM||Dutch Road Furniture: Motorways||Motorway related objects for Dutch Road Furniture||FooBar||http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=56316|
|NLRS||Dutch Road Furniture: Signs and Fingerposts||Road signs and fingerposts for Dutch Road Furniture||FooBar||http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=56316|
|SZFO||To infinity and beyond||Famous monuments from movies and more||SilverSurferZzZ||http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=74439|
|SZJW||Lets go... Journey around the world||Famous monuments from all world||SilverSurferZzZ||http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=74446|